WELCOME to the Negotiation Skills Course
Negotiation is a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding argument and dispute. In any disagreement, individuals understandably aim to achieve the best possible outcome for their position (or perhaps an organisation they represent). However, the principles of fairness, seeking mutual benefit and maintaining a relationship are the keys to a successful outcome.
Specific forms of negotiation are used in many situations: international affairs, the legal system, government, industrial disputes or domestic relationships as examples. However, general negotiation skills can be learned and applied in a wide range of activities. Negotiation skills can be of great benefit in resolving any differences that arise between you and others.
WHAT DOES THE NEGOTIATION SKILLS COURSE ENTAIL?
In this course you will learn to define negotiation, use key success strategies, apply different negotiation approaches, establish rules that lead to effective negotiation, effectively prepare the research that is required to negotiate, set limits and maintain composure when things get heated.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
Negotiation skills is an essential tool for everyday life. Having excellent negotiation skills can be the difference between success and failure.
- Anyone looking to improve their negotiation skills
- Employees wanting to negotiate with employers
- Anyone using negotiations on a daily basis
- Sales people
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Define negotiation.
- Use key success strategies.
- Apply different negotiation approaches.
- Establish rules that lead to effective negotiation.
- Effectively prepare the research that is required to negotiate.
- Please refer to the below lessons. All lessons must be completed to finish this course.
- Included at the end of the course is a comprehensive final quiz.
- You will be required to complete all quiz questions with a final score of at least 80% to receive your Certificate of Completion.
- To print your certificate, visit My Account and select Progress & Results. Scroll down to find your certificate(s) achieved and select the option to print.