WELCOME to the Conflict Resolution Course
All of us experience conflict. We argue with our spouses, disagree with our friends, and sometimes even quarrel with strangers at a hockey game. At times we lose sight of the fact that all this conflict is normal. So long as people are individuals there will be the potential for conflict.
That’s the first thing to learn about conflict. It isn’t wrong or bad; it’s just part of being a person in contact with other people.The only people who don’t experience conflict are hermits. Since you can’t prevent conflict, the most important thing is to learn how to handle or manage it in productive ways. In many industries, the amount of time spent on conflict management is surprisingly high. Studies show that managers spend at least 24% of their time on managing conflict. Hospital administrators, school administrators, mayors and city managers spend even more time on this problem area.
What is critical for resolving conflict is developing an understanding of, and a trust in, shared goals. It requires openness, discipline, and creativity. Showing respect for other people and not blaming them enables people to work for mutual benefit. There are no magical phrases or simple procedures for managing conflict. However, there are several strategies for coping with conflict. Knowing when and how to use these techniques can make you a more effective leader.
WHAT DOES THE CONFLICT RESOLUTION COURSE ENTAIL?
This course will cover essential skills needed to resolve conflict in a assertive and functional manner and how to use conflict as an opportunity to create positive outcomes such as strengthening relationships, motivating change and stimulating creativity.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
Conflict is bound to happen in the workplace. This course will give you the keys to make conflict work in your favour by knowing what conflict is and how it can escalate, learning five of the most effective conflict resolution styles and allow you to become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
- Anyone dealing with difficult people
- Anyone who doesn’t understand conflict
- Anyone who fears confrontation
- Business Owners and General Managers
- Anyone who is self-employed
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate
- Be able to recognise the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them
- Increase positive information flow, through non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies
- Strengthen staff trust and morale
- Please refer to the below lessons. All lessons must be completed to finish this course.
- Included at the end of the course is a comprehensive final quiz.
- You will be required to complete all quiz questions with a final score of at least 80% to receive your Certificate of Completion.
- To print your certificate, visit My Account and select Progress & Results. Scroll down to find your certificate(s) achieved and select the option to print.